Updated: Nov 20
1. 12 LB. Turkey (if you intend to brine your turkey, do it prior to starting this recipe). See our recipe for brining poultry-you may never have a dry turkey again!)
2. 2 TBS Spice Spice Baby’s Life is a Cabernet
3. 4 TBS. Softened unsalted butter or margarine.
4. 1 Stalk of celery, cut into 1 inch pieces.
5. 1 Onion, cut into 1 inch pieces.
6. 1 Large carrot, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces.
7. Salt and Pepper to taste.
Preheat oven to 450F.
1. On a fresh or fully thawed turkey, remove neck and giblets and dispose or set aside for later use.
2. Place the onion, carrot, and celery in the cavity. Do not overstuff, as this will make the cooking time longer.
3. Mix Spice Spice Baby’s LIfe is a Cabernet blend with the slightly softened butter. Massage the butter all over the outside of the turkey. Season with Kosher Salt and Black pepper.
4. Place the turkey in roasting pan, and roast uncovered for 30 minutes at 450F.
5. Remove the turkey from the oven, and reduce temperature to 350F. Cover the turkey with aluminum foil (tenting it).
6. Place it back in the 350F oven and roast until the thermometer reads 161F.
7. The temperature will raise a few degrees even after its out of the oven, going past the target temperature of 165F. The cooking time will take approximately 2 1/2 to 3 hours. The