Updated: Apr 11
· 1 LBS. Fresh Asparagus Cut into 1” pieces, discarding the bottom 1/3 of the spear.
· 4-5 Slices of thick Hickory Smoked Bacon cut into 1-inch pieces.
· ½ A Large white onion cut into 1-inch pieces
· 2 TBS SpiceSpice Baby OG Seasoning
· 1 TBS Butter
· 1 TSP Olive Oil
· ½ to ¾ Cup Grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese
· 4 Eggs
· ½ LBS Uncooked Angel Hair pasta
1. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box. Once it is cooked toss it with the olive oil so it doesn’t stick to itself. Set aside.
2. Heat a large saucepan over medium to medium low heat.
3. Add the bacon and onions to the sauce pan and cook slow and low-for 15-20 minutes. After 20 minutes add the OG seasoning and the asparagus and sauté it for 5 more minutes. Add the pasta and butter and toss.
4. In a separate pan, fry the egg over easy or sunny side up (your preference).
5. Plate the pasta; top each plate with ¼ Cup of the grated cheese, and then the sunny side up egg. Grate fresh ground peper on top if you desire.
This dish is one of my wife’s all-time favorites. I made this for her one beautiful early summer day after we went and picked local asparagus. I wanted to make something simple but full of flavor. So I made her a slightly more modern t