Updated: Dec 23, 2020
· 8 ounces cream cheese softened
· 15 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilis, well drained
· ¼ Cup chopped white onions
· 8 ounces finely grated cheddar cheese
· optional: reserve a small portion of the tomatoes, chilis, and onions for topping
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
1. Heat the chili in a small sauce pot over medium heat until it just starts to boil. Set it aside to cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese with the half of the tomatoes and chiles, plus the onions until well-combined. Add the remaining tomatoes and chiles, and mix thoroughly. Spread into an 8"x8" oven safe pan or casserole.
3. Pour the chili evenly over the cream cheese mixture. Top with the grated cheese.
4. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the grated cheese is melted.
5. Serve warm with corn chips on the side.
This is a classic Cincinnati shareable. I topped the dip with additional diced onions, but that’s up to your taste. Want a crowd pleaser? This is your dish!