Everything But the Kitchen Sink Korean Cucumber Salad
Updated: Oct 13, 2022
· 2 English Cucumbers, sliced in half lengthwise and sliced into half moons.
· 1 Cup Red Onion Sliced or Julienne
· 1 Cup Sliced or Shredded Carrots
· 1 Bunch of Sliced Green Onions
· 1 Red Pepper Diced into One Inch Pieces
· 2 TBS. of But The Kitchen Sink Spice Blend From Spice Spice Baby
· 2 TBS. Granulated Sugar
· 1 TBS. Rice Wine Vinegar (or apple cider if you cant find the rice wine vinegar)
· ½ TSP. Toasted Sesame Oil
· 1 TBS. Soy Sauce.
· 1 TBS. Gochuchang (Korean Hot Pepper Paste) (This can be found in most grocery stores in the Asian Section-you want the mild variety-unless you love very spicy things-then get the hot variety).
1. Combine the cucumbers and Everything but the Sink spice blend in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Let this sit for 10 minutes (at room temperature is fine) to start the fermentation process.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
3. This will last, refrigerated, for 7-10 days.
4. If you like things a bit more spicy, add more of the Gochuchang-but I would tell you to add a little at a time.