Updated: Mar 10, 2021
· ¾ Cup low-sodium beef broth
· 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
· 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
· 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
· 1 Pound red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
· 3 Carrots, peeled and cut crosswise into 2" pieces
· 1 Medium yellow onion, cut into 1/2" wedges
· 1 Stalk celery, thinly sliced
· 1 (3-4 pounds) Beef chuck roast
· 3 Tablespoons Spice Spice Baby’s French Connection spice blend
1. In the bottom of a slow cooker, whisk together broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and cornstarch. Add potatoes, carrots, onion, celery, and Spice Spice Baby’s French Connection.
2. Nestle the Beef into the vegetables. Cover and cook on high until roast is fork-tender, 5 hours (or 8 hours on low).
3. Thinly slice roast and arrange on top of vegetables on a platter. Skim fat from extra juices in slow cooker and drizzle over top. Serve warm.
Slow cookers are a great way to cook hearty stews, casseroles and roasts. Let the slow cooker do all the work while your at work! I like this best with French Connection but I also have made this recipe using our Great Chicago Fire or OG spice blends.
Keep it Spicy!