Updated: Apr 11, 2021
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DOGS
· Eight ¼ LBS. Knockwurst or Large (1/4 LBS.) Kosher Hot Dogs
· 8 Hot Dog Buns.
· 8 Slices of Bacon
· 2 Avocados, Peeled, Pitted and Sliced Thin.
· 1 Cup of Crumbled Potato Chips. I prefer BBQ flavored but Plain works too.
· ½ Cup of Sliced Pickled Jalapenos.
· Mayonnaise in a squeeze bottle
· A few Sprigs of Fresh Cilantro
· 1 8 Ounce can of Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained and mixed with 2 TSP. Spice Spice Baby’s Bring on the Sazon seasoning
INGREDIENTS FOR THE PICO DE GALLO:
· 1 Large Beefsteak Tomato, Diced.
· ½ of a Sweet Yellow Onion (like a Vidalia), Peeled and Diced.
· 2 TBS Minced Garlic
· ¼ Cup of Lime Juice or 1 Fresh Lime-Juiced.
· 2 TBS Fresh Chopped Cilantro
· 1 TSP Salt
· ½ Small Fresh Jalapeno or Serano Pepper-De-Seeded and Minced (Optional).
· 1 TBS. Spice Spice Baby’s South by Southwest Seasoning
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the Pico De Gallo. You can make the Pico up to 8 hours in advance of serving, I prefer to do it an hour or two in advance. That way the ingredients stay crisp and fresh while allowing the flavor to develop properly.
2. Turn on the Grill to a medium heat.
3. Take one slice of the bacon and wrap it around the middle of the hot dog. (You might prefer two slices per dog). I use toothpicks that I have soaked in water to hold the bacon in place when I grill.
4. Grill the wrapped dogs on the grill. Turning after about 7 minutes. They will need a total of 15-20 minutes on the grill for the Turkey Bacon to cook all the way through.
5. Grill the buns for about 30 seconds on the grill.
6. Remove the toothpicks from the dogs.
7. Assemble the Dogs as Follows: Bun, Beans, Wrapped Dog, Avocados, Pico De Gallo, Chips, Jalapenos, Cilantro Sprigs and then Mayo.