1 LBS. Lean Ground Beef or Chuck.
2 TBS Spice Spice Baby Good Karma Shawarma Rub
4 Hamburger Buns ( I like a nice brioche or onion bun)
1/2-1/2 Cup Feta Cheese
1/4 Cup of Tzaziki Sauce (see below)
1 Fresh Tomato sliced thick.
A pinch or two of Spice Spice Baby's Ziggy Played Za'atar Seasoning
Your favorite Hummus (optional)
1. Get your grill or cast iron skillet hot.
2. Patty the ground beef into (up to) 4 burgers.
3. Liberally season the burgers on both sides using the Good Karma Shawarma rub.
4. Grill or cook the burgers to your preference, 4 minutes on each side should get you to Medium. Add the feta to each burger and pull the burgers from the grill.
5. Assemble the burger: I spread hummus on the bottom bun, then place the burger down, then top it with Tzaziki Sauce and a pinch of the Za'atar seasoning. Then a nice big slice of tomato. Add the onions, pickles or lettuce and put the top on, enjoy!
I like this burger because it has a little heat and a great middle eastern flavor contrasted with the coolness of the feta, tomato and Tzaziki. If you can't find Tzaziki in the store, its very easy to make: I take a cup of plain greek yogurt, 1/2 of a peeled and diced cucumber, a little diced onion and some minced garlic (or a little of our OG spice) and mix it all together, with a few crumbles of feta for good measure.