Updated: May 27, 2020
Two, 1 inch thick bone-in Pork Chops
1 Medium Green Pepper (sometimes I use a poblano if I am feeling a bit more spicy)
1/2 Large sweet onion
12 Ounce can of diced tomatoes (or 3 fresh Roma tomatoes-diced)
1 TBS Canola Oil
1 TSP Olive OIl
1 Container (divided) of Spice Spice Baby Rajun Cajun
1 Cast Iron Skillet
1 Small frying pan
A probe thermometer. (If you don't own one, you should make the very small investment, as it is the best way to keep your proteins safe)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Put your cast iron skillet on a medium flame and let it begin to get very hot. This will take 3-5 minutes.
3. In the meantime, dredge your pork chops (both sides) in 3 TBS of Cajun Cajun.
4. Once the skillet is very hot, carefully add the oil, then the chops. Heat the chops over the medium flame for 3 1/2 minutes on each side. Then place the entire skillet in the already warm oven. They will need to cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. (until you reach an internal temperature of 165 F, using a probe thermometer).
5. While the chops are finishing, Julienne the onions and green pepper. Get the frying pan on a high heat, add the olive oil, Peppers, onions, tomatoes and 1 TSP of Rajun Cajun to the pan and saute for 10 minutes.
6. Place the cajun veggies divided between two plates and then top with the blackened chops. I like to serve this with dirty rice (recipe coming soon). Let me know how you like it......and as always, KEEP IT SPICY!