Updated: May 27
6-8 Ounce Chicken Breast
1 TSP Olive Oil
1 QT. Restaurant Style Corn or Flour Tortilla Chips
1-2 Cups Shredded Cheddar
1 Tomato, Diced
1/2 Red Onion, Diced
2 TBS Sliced Black Olives
2 TBS Sliced Jalapeno Peppers
1/4 Cup Prepared Salsa or Pico Di Gallo
1. Heat up your grill or cast iron skillet. Turn on your oven and heat until it reaches 350 Degrees F.
2. Brush the chicken breast with the olive oil.
3. Liberally rub the chicken (front and back) with the South by Southwest Seasoning.
4. Grill until the chicken is cooked through. About 4-5 minutes on each side or until your probe thermometer reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F at the fattest part of the chicken. Pull the chicken from the heat and let is cool a few minutes.
5. In the meantime, place half the nacho chips in a broiler pan, and cover with cheese.
6. Dice the chicken breast.
7. Place half the chicken on the chips and cheese. Then stack the second half of the chips, cheese and chicken.
8. Place in the oven until the cheese has melted, about 3-4 minutes.
9. Top the nachos with the rest of the ingredients, and enjoy!